Cabinet Office Digital is the Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) shared services function for the Cabinet Office, and the gateway for DDaT services.
We are part of the Chief Operating Office (COO), within the Cabinet Office.
We work with Cabinet Office Business Units on our mission, which is Enabling and Transforming the Cabinet Office through the provision of exemplary digital, data and technology products and services.
We take a multidisciplinary approach to our work. We are organised into eight key functions, with responsibilities as follows:
The Product function plays a key role in understanding user needs, product strategy, policy and operations across Cabinet Office and defining what CO Digital should build
We provide end-to-end ownership of the products delivered by Cabinet Office Digital
The Portfolio Delivery function is responsible for defining best practices for delivering and governing projects and programmes (which are in themselves delivery vehicles for IT and digital services) including MI, planning, and portfolio risk management.
This team owns the delivery of projects and programmes, and is responsible for the successful delivery of outcomes for our customers .
Our Technology function is made up of three key components:
- Architecture - who define the core building blocks for digital and IT services and create a blueprint for the CO estate
- Engineering - who deliver shared engineering capabilities across the Directorate.
- Quality Assurance Testing - who ensure products and services are delivered against standards and quality control
The Cyber Security function secures the Cabinet Office against cyber threats. In order to achieve this mission, they:
- define the cyber security policies and standards that Cabinet Office services, teams and staff must meet
- deliver cyber security capabilities to services, teams and staff to help them to meet policies and standards
- assess and report on compliance against cyber security policies and standards
This function oversees a range of data-related functions, including:
- data governance, advising and assuring the Cabinet Office on all things relating to data
- data strategy,
- digital knowledge and information management capabilities.
Enterprise Services provide reliable and cost effective Information Technology tools, training and support that all Cabinet Office staff rely on for their day-to-day work. They deliver IT services across the ITIL lifecycle, including IT Service Management and helpdesk, IT Operations, and End User Compute (laptops, phones etc.).
Strategy and Digital Transformation
This function plays a strategic role in Influencing and shaping CO Digital and the wider CO DDaT landscape to drive strategic change and digital transformation. The team iTo help colleagues within CO and beyond understand the aim and remit of our organisation.
Business and People Services
This group provides business management functions, including taking responsibility for budgets and planning; providing a front door for demand; developing and implementing our people strategy; and internal operational support.
Who we are
We are based in London, Bristol and Manchester.
We use this blog to highlight the great work we're doing. If you have comments or questions, please get in touch.
Read our comments and moderation policy.